CME Mission Statement
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
Reviewed and approved by the AAAAI Board of Directors – April 13, 2009
1. The purpose of the AAAAI’s CME program is to provide, and ensure the quality of, educational activities that will develop, maintain, update, enhance, or make more clinically effective the study and practice of allergy, asthma, and immunology.
2. The content areas of the AAAAI’s CME program include any topic within the research, clinical, or administrative domains of allergic or immunologic diseases that impacts the study or practice of the specialty.
3. The target audience for the AAAAI’s CME program includes allergist/immunologists, specialty and primary care physicians, and allied health professionals.
4. The types of activities included as part of the AAAAI’s CME program include: a national Annual Meeting; regional, local, and other live conferences; and an array of written, audio, video, and multimedia enduring materials utilizing a variety of traditional and emerging information technology formats. The AAAAI supports the concept of jointly sponsoring activities with organizations whose goals are compatible with those listed in the Mission Statement.
5. The expected results of the AAAAI’s CME program are to advance either:
- learners’ competence in the field of allergy, asthma, and immunology, measured by their ability to accurately describe, interpret, and utilize the concepts presented; OR
- learners’ practice of the clinical specialty of allergy, asthma, and immunology, measured by self-reporting of changes in practice behavior attributed to their participation in CME activities.
Revised: March 14, 2009