- CE: 1.20
- CME: 1.00
- Attendance: 1.00
- Course opens: Tue, Jun 25 2013
- Course expires: Thu, Dec 31 2015
- Non-member Cost: $0.00
The quality of communication between healthcare providers and patients affects the quality of care patients receive and the quality of life patients experience. This online module reviews effective patient communication skills health care providers can use when answering questions about, and requests for, treatment. It will also review the recommendations made by the AAAAI as part of the Choosing Wisely® campaign and help learners implement these recommendations into their practices.
This activity is jointly sponsored by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology and Drexel University and was funded through a grant from the ABIM Foundation.
Upon completion of this activity, learners will be able to:
1. Articulate strategies to implement Choosing Wisely® conversations
2. Decide which of these communication strategies they will adopt to enhance their current care of patients
3. Identify the structural and personal barriers to implementing the AAAAI's Choosing Wisely® recommendations in their care of patients
Allergist/immunologists; allied health providers working in allergy/immunology clinics; primary care physicians who treat patients with allergic and/or immunologic conditions